Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- Dr Per Ola Kristensson: A visionary that will shape the future
- Congratulations to our very own Per Ola Kristensson. Earlier this year he was named as one of the people most likely to change the world by the presti [...]
- The Usual Suspects
- Breaking away from the CS coffee machine at last. Academics from the School subtly advertise Costa sponsorship deal at November Graduation? Surely not [...]
- Honorary Professor John Stasko
- Professor John Stasko and the Associate Chair of the School of Interactive Computing in the College of Computing at Georgia Tech has been appointed as [...]
- November Graduation 2013
- Congratulations to the Masters Class of 2013, and PhD student Galhenage Perera, who graduated today. Students were invited to a reception in the schoo [...]
- Success in J.P.Morgan Code for Good Competition 2013
- A team of Computer Science students from the University of St Andrews came first in the J.P.Morgan Code for Good Competition 2013 The Coding Challenge [...]
- Tales from the Real World
- School President James Anderson and Careers Adviser Ben Carter invited recent graduates Matt Hailey, Ali Scott, Craig Garrigan and Steve Lowson back t [...]
- Dr Adam Barker Awarded Royal Society Fellowship
- Dr Adam Barker has been awarded a prestigious Royal Society Industry Fellowship. The scheme aims to enhance knowledge transfer in science and technolo [...]
- Enterprise First: How to Start a Tech Startup
- Talk: 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm (in Phys Theatre C) Enterprise First is the UK’s top graduate startup accelerator, sponsored by government as well as global companies such as McKinsey, KPMG and Mi [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.