Welcome to the School of Computer Science
The School of Computer Science is a centre of excellence for computer science teaching and research, with staff and students from Scotland and all parts of the world. It is a member of SICSA - The Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance.
We offer BSc, MSci, MSc, MPhil and PhD degree programmes, and are active in research in the fundamentals of computer science, networking and distributed systems, artificial intelligence, human computer interaction, and software systems engineering.
If you are thinking about studying at St Andrews, you are very welcome to come and visit us to see for yourself. There are visiting days on Wednesdays throughout the year.
- St Andrews Programming Competition 2014
- The Subhonours Lab was in full swing yesterday afternoon, with staff and students enjoying the challenge of the 2014 St Andrews Programming Competitio [...]
- Dr. Per Ola Kristensson awarded RSE/Makdougall Brisbane Medal
- In recognition of academic excellence for his outstanding research work and entrepreneurialism Dr. Per Ola Kristensson is amongst the most outstanding [...]
- MSc in Human Computer Interaction
- Students undertaking CS5042 User Centred Interaction Design are pictured prototyping their design ideas during creative thinking, and hands-on session [...]
- Student Placements for Female Undergraduates
- In September 2013 the Scottish Resource Centre for Women in SET, funded by Scottish Government, launched a ground breaking new initiative called Caree [...]
- Software Engineer vacancy at Palantir
- Palantir Technologies are looking for a software engineer
- Computer Science 111: The Morrison Suite
- Emeritus Professor and former Head of School Ron Morrison visited us earlier this week to officially open The Morrison Suite.
- The Minister for Universities and Science, David Willtts MP, announced funding of £4.6 million for 21 Digital Transformations in the Arts and Humanities projects as part of the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) investment in Big Data.
- On Thursday 6 February 2014 the Minister for Universities and Science, David Willtts MP, announced funding of £4.6 million for 21 Digital Transformat [...]
Ongoing and future events
- At the Edge by Alan Dix, University of Birmingham
- Seminar: 6th May 2014 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Maths Theatre B) Abstract: From buying plane tickets to eGovernment, participation in consumer and civic society is predicated on continuous connectivity and copious c [...]
- A slippery slope — the path to national health data linkage in Australia – John Bass
- Seminar: 13th May 2014 at 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm (in Cole 1.33a) Abstract: Linkage of health-related data in Australia dates back to the late 1960’s with the first inspiration coming from the United Kingdom. Sinc [...]
- Live stream from the Informatics Forum
- iVTues Speaker Series: 27th May 2014 at 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm (in Cole 1.33a) The iV Tuesday Speaker Series features a new programme of talks given by prominent members of the business community. The programme seeks to inspire a [...]
See the documentation on how to publish news and events.